Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Boob Crusher

You know those kids in kindergarten that get labeled as the "glue or crayon eater"?  Well, In the midst of loosing one cat I adopted another cat and she is one of those except she prefers paper & computer cords.   Even though she is a paper/cord eater, Lenore has been my savior.  She saved Oliver from loneliness after Twist died and she saved me from hitting the bottom of the despair bucket when Oliver died.   I've had her for only two months but in those two months she's managed to eat almost all of the paper products, taken over as the alpha of the house, and managed to get herself stuck up the chimney which when she eventually did get out resulted in a dunk in the bathtub.  When Lenore runs, it's like that a cartoon because she tip toes on all four legs and scurries around.   Lenore likes to knead me.  I like it too but mostly because she does it in such a funny way.  Most cats just sit down and use the front two feet, Lenore uses all four feet at the same time.  It's like she's marching in place.

One thing that I'm trying to teach her not to do is to stand on my boobs!  She doesn't understand that it hurts!   She wants to snuggle which I don't mind but she wants to sit right on my chest.  Especially when I'm trying to catch up on my shows on Hulu, write an email, or just surf the net.  She wants to be right in front of the screen.  I've discovered that although hugs and pets are warmly received she doesn't take kindly to kissing so when she is sitting on my boobs all I have to say is "I guess you want kisses then?" and she hops off.  I'm hoping this is just a phase because I don't think my boobs or I can take it much longer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment