Geeze, enough already universe! Tuesday was yet again the day from hell. It started out o.k. work was so so and I had my first client! Then IT happened...IT happened again! I had been noticing for about a week that Oliver's third eyelid in each eye was protruding out. Sunday night, I emailed the vet to ask about it. Tuesday afternoon the vet called me and said to bring him in because it could be a sign he is sick. After my session, I chased him around and finally got him into the carrying case....not before noticing that he was dragging his back legs. "Oh no, he's sprained or torn something in his leg". Got him to the vet where upon when they took him out of the case he had completely seized up. Sound familiar? Twist
The vet technician whisked him away....that one moment is ingrained into my memory forever now. 10 min later the vet came in to explain that Oliver was sick. My baby boy was VERY sick. He had the feline equivalent of what happens to athletes when they are perfectly healthy one minute and drop dead due to heart failure the next. She did xrays and found that his heart was enlarged and blood clots were in his legs (which would explain the dragging of the feet). I could not believe this was happening AGAIN! The vet was super nice and was very through in explaining to me what was happening but at the same time she was trying to tell me (without sounding cruel) that it's not good and he will most likely not make it. WTF! What is happening to my babies!!!!
Shortly after she left she came back in and brought me to him. He was on a table, tubes sticking in and out of him, they were doing CPR but his tongue was already purple. One minute later, he was gone. I'm stunned, dismayed, flabbergasted, and deeply deeply hurt by this....but you know what, at least I now know what happened to Twist. They are together now, playing, running, wrestling, and most likely loving being together again.
Goodbye my baby boy, you also left a big hole in my heart, and an even bigger one in my wallet, but mostly my heart. I'm sorry you were sick, I'm sorry I didn't get you to the vet sooner but I'm glad you are no longer hurting. I'm going to miss your flavorful remarks at meal times, your instance of shoving your balls (or there lack of) in my face, and the way you would hug my feet in the morning as if it say "GET UP MOMMA". Thank you for letting me be your mommy. Goodbye, Lovie.

No comments:
Post a Comment