If I had to choose one lesson in life to share with the world it would be don't take anything for granted because you never know when it will be taken away. I know, sounds cliche but i had to be reminded, yet again, of this lesson last night.
Last night around 8:30 p.m. I lost my six month old kitten, Twist. I don't know what happened, and honestly, I'm comfortably numb about this. The vet had no answers and could not pin point cause of death. One minute he was running around and the next he completely seized up. When I got him to the emergency vet, within 5 min they reported that he stopped breathing and they were doing CPR. Within 10 min after getting him to the vet, they reported his heart stopped and he wasn't responding. My stubborn, instigator, troublemaker,black as night love bug was gone. Twist leaves behind his brother Oliver. Oliver is taking this rather elegantly. He slept most of this first day without his playmate, brother, and fellow bathroom buddy. He also spent a bit of time walking around the house looking for Twist. He knows something happened because he can feel it in the air and in me. I just hope he knows that I tried to save his brother but it was too late. Twist also leaves behind a few lessons:
-don't be afraid to poke the bear every once in a while. Especially if the bear overslept.
-Curiosity did not kill the cat.
-Live up to your name with more conviction than you could ever expect.
-Sometimes a hiss is just a hiss.
When other people would come over he would hide or hiss at them. But he was my love bug. He snuggled next to me, he purred in my ear, and sometimes he'd let me pet him. I'll miss you love bug. Thank you for letting me be your mommy. You left a big hole in my heart,and my wallet, but mostly my heart.

No comments:
Post a Comment